This is a blog discussion on BIOHD-8 hard drive error or Fix BIOHD 8 Error HP Windows 7 with the best troubleshooting solutions. BIOHD-8 is a SMART drive error code that usually happens on HP computers/Laptop. Usually, such an error message appears when the SMART thinks your drive is failing and can’t be connected properly. Thus, this error can be caused by a failing hard drive. It is known to appear on some HP motherboards. Meanwhile, this error code appears pretty commonly, when users working their HP Laptop, and not all users know why or how to fix it. So, if you are facing a similar problem, on your window 7 HP laptop/computer, then you don’t need to worry about it. You just need to follow the steps that are given below to quickly solve the issue.
Solutions to Fix BIOHD 8 Error HP Windows 7:-
Solution 1:-Ensure That the Hard Drive is Not Faulty
When you get the HP error code BIOHD-8, then you need to check and ensure that the hard drive is not faulty access the BIOS. It’s quite common that an incorrect BIOS setting can stop you from starting up the HP computer or running a diagnosis process successfully. You can follow this to reset it to the default settings.
Follow the steps:-
- First, restart the computer and press “Delete” to enter BIOS.
- Then go to the flap to the right (dunno which one).
- Next, select “System defaults”, then “Save” and then “Exit” button.
Solution 2:- Rebuild Your Boot Configuration Data (BCD)
If the above step didn’t help to fix the issue the BIOHD 8 Error message checking & resetting the BIOS settings, then it’s highly recommended that you can rebuild your Boot Configuration Data (BCD). If it goes corrupt, you will no doubt get the annoying BIOHD-8 error message.
To do this, Just Follow The Steps:
- First of all, put the Windows installation disc in the disc drive, and boot up the computer.
- Then press a key when you are prompted to start your PC from a disk.
- Next, select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or an input method, and then click “Next” to continue.
- Now, click “Repair your computer”.
- Then you need to select the operating system which you want to repair, and click “Next” button.
- While you are in the “System Recovery Options” dialog box, click on the “Command Prompt” option.
- Then type “Bootrec.exe” in the box, and then press “ENTER” key.
- Next, you need to type “bootrec /RebuildBcd”, and then press “Enter” key.
- Follow the on-screen step to finish the process of rebuilding BCD on your computer.
If you still get the error code, then go to next solution.
Solution 3:- System File Checker
Ensure that all system files are clean & compact on the computer. If a file is mis-deleted, corrupt or broken and cannot be correctly accessed by the Windows 7, an error code BIOHD-8 could occur when you are trying to boot up the computer or load a certain program. Incidentally, a file corruption is the main cause for many PC issues like wsock32.dll not found. At the moment, you should try to run System File Checker.
Follow the steps:-
- First, go to “Start” button from your Window HP Laptop.
- Then run, and then type “sfc/scannow” within the command and press “Enter” key to go.
- Next, the “System File Checker” (sfc) will automatically scan the whole system and replace any corrupt, broken system file version.
Related Blog: How to Fix Computer No Boot Device Available Error Problem ?
Solution 4:- Run a Registry Cleaner
Finally, you should do to run a good registry cleaner to fix any invalid entries and remove any orphaned entries which may be left behind after an incomplete program install or uninstall. Playing as the main component of the Windows-based operating system, an error within the registry can severely affect the smooth running of the PC, stopping from accessing some required entries and finally bringing in an error code BIOHD-8 message in booting up the PC. A registry cleaner will completely scan the whole PC and repair all errors causing the access violation error within minutes.
By following the above instructions, you will be able to troubleshoot and fix your PC from error code BIOHD-8.
In case, if you have any issue or doubt to follow the above steps, then you should contact at HP Printer Technical Support Service Number to connect with customer support team for help.
Dial HP Customer Service Number +1-800-515-9506 To Get Instant Help:-
You can anytime dial HP Customer Service Phone Number+1-800-515-9506 which is toll-free and available 24×7 days for your help. A team of highly skilled and experienced techies are always ready to deliver instant replies and answers to your HP Laptop issues. The proficient technicians will give you tremendous solutions & reliable support to fix HP technical errors or issues, so you can get rid the troubles in a less period of time. Hence, call now to experts, and obtain immediate help for HP product’s related queries.